Saturday 16 January 2016

German Lebkuchen Christmas Market


Way back in October I started work on my Lebkuchen market stall; I love the German Christmas markets which come to visit us in England in November and December the gingerbread and German biscuit stall is my absolute favourite!   It isn't something which many other miniature food makers had done either so it seemed the perfect choice of a theme to base my market stall around and something I could definitely put my own stamp on!  I completed this project in December 2015.







 

No traditional lebkuchen stall would be complete without these giant gingerbread hearts with piped messages!





 

I made a Christmas wreath with dried slices of orange and candy canes and used fake snow and ice on the roof and base of my market stall to give it a more festive look!









 

I made two large decorated gingerbread houses which are placed either side of the market stall, next to the display of traditional biscuits.  On the back shelves there are also a number of mini sized miniature gingerbread houses.



 

Inside the 'glass' display case there is a German Tree Cake (Baumtorte/Baumkuchen), a traditional iced Christmas cake, Black Forest Gateaux (Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte) German Bee Sting Cake (Bienenstich), Stollen and German Marble Cake (Marmorkuchen).



 

It also has working Christmas lights to light up those dark winter nights!

 

 

Here is a close-up of the biscuits I made for the market stall.  They are all traditional and festive themed German biscuits. 



 


 

First row (left to right) :
Tray 1 

Aachener Printen -  Gingerbread biscuits with almonds
Kokosmakronen - Chocolate coconut macaroons

Tray 2

Spritzgeback - Chocolate dipped piped cookies
Wainachsrollen - Cinnamon and almond cookies

Tray 3
 
Vanillekipferl  - Vanilla crescent shaped cookies
Zimtsterne - Cinnamon star cookies
Pfeffernüsse -  Chocolate and hazelnut covered spiced cookies

Tray 4

Spitzbuben - Raspberry jam filled cookies
Haselnussmakronen - Hazelnut meringues
Lebkuchenbäume - Iced gingerbread trees 

Second row (left to right) :

Tray 5
Butterplätzchen  - German butter cookies
Nusstaler  -  Chocolate dipped hazelnut cookies
Pfeffernüsse - Iced spiced cookies

Tray 6

Linzer cookies  - Jam filled cookies
Lebkuchenmann  - Gingerbread man
Frankfurt Bethmӓnnchen  - Marzipan almond cookie

Tray 7
Schwarz-Weiß-Gebäck  - Chequerboard shortbread
Kokosmakronen - Chocolate coconut macaroons
Lebkuchenherz - Iced gingerbread heart biscuits

Tray 8

Schokoladen Lebkuchen - Chocolate covered gingerbread
Pfeffernüsse - Spiced cookies dusted with icing sugar
Spritzgeback - Chocolate dipped piped biscuits

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kelly!

    I'm glad I came upon your blog! Your Christmas stall looks very realistic, especially the biscuits!! Stunning!! :)

    Greetings from Germany,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Nina! Pleased to meet you and I'm glad you like it! Kelly xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelly! Thank you for sharing more images of this wonderful Christmas stall.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you like the pictures Tee, this was definitely one of my favourite projects to do :) xx

      Delete
  3. This is amazing. I'm doing a Christmas market for my Barbies and have been looking at a lot of miniature market stalls, and this one really blew my mind. All of the cookies are fantastic and scrumptious-looking. I don't suppose you have a shop? Laura

    ReplyDelete